Saturday 12 January 2013

January Challenge: Resolution

I love Pinterest. I spend great chunks of time there pinning away onto my 87 different boards. I don't, however, spend great chunks of time doing much of anything with all the wonderful inspiration that I have pinned. As of right now, Pinterest has been, for me, nothing but a time sucker that makes me feel like I'm not creating the magnificent things that I should be creating.

Then, a few things happened.

Thing #1: I have this one colleague and friend who uses Pinterest perfectly. She even searched my Pinterest for quotes to recreate for my Christmas gift. She decorated her house for Christmas using Pinterest ideas for inspiration. She created an awesome (sauce) family advent calendar and then pinned it. She, herself is a Pinspiration.

Thing #2: In the mail, my hubby and roommate got a wonderfully crafty project from my brother, Charlie's girlfriend, Ashton. I realized what it was like to have a sister. After 30 years of having four brothers, who are my dearest friends, I understood that sisters actually show you that they're thinking of you without any prompting. It made me tell Captain Handsome that if we ever have a daughter that we will must have at least one more so that she will have someone to craft with and craft for. Someone who will appreciate it, at least.

Thing #3: Then, on New Year's Eve, in the fantastically heated (and way over-cholinated pool) in St. Pete, Florida, Ashton and I were talking about Pinterest and an idea people had been posting about New Year's Resolutions. Like a NYE firework, it came to us. We have these fabulous, creative women in our lives who we don't get to spend nearly enough time with. I finally have "sisters" through the gals my brothers have fallen for. We came up with the idea for this blog. Each month, we will put a prompt word up and each of us has to undertake a pinspired project based on that word. When we proposed the idea to the other ladies, they were all on board.

Now, almost three weeks into the new year, the Pinspiration Challenge blog is finally going live!

Our January Challenge is RESOLUTION.

Each of the Pinning Bloggers is to interpret the word in her own way, pick some inspiration from Pinterest and attempt a project (or projects!) which will be detailed here. They might be huge successes, or huge Pinterest Fails. Either way, we can all support and/or mock each other in a supportive way!

Bonus marks for posting photos of your Pinspiration, your process AND the finished product.

2 comments:

  1. Beeeeautiful intro, birthday girl! Can't wait to get this started! I may or may not have spent some time in Michaels today... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure why I'm cpollock. I will look into that :)

    ReplyDelete